The solution to your wish fulfilment
iwishihad disclaimer, 9 November 2003:
The following information is supplied in good faith to help those interested in "Going ISDN." It should not be taken as absolutely correct. The reader should consult Telstra's and Bigpond's current FAQs to confirm the following comments. Early research was helped by information posted on Simon Wright's excellent "Whirlpool." Another useful reference is HERE: iwishihad takes no responsibility for the currency of the following data as plans change very fast.
ROUTE 2: The Telstra "ISDN Home" [Plan?] HOWTO:---
- Request Telstra for an "ISDN Home" connection at a LINE RENTAL OF $45.50/month.
- You will then be eligible for the Telstra "ISDN Internet Plan."
- Request Telstra to cap this line for data calls made to ANY Megapop at a cost of $16.50/month. This is the Telstra "ISDN Internet Plan."
- This is a total LINE RENTAL OF $62/month to be charged to your Telstra telephone account.
- TRY to get AN ORDER NUMBER for future reference.
- Tell the person taking your order for this LINE RENTAL you do not want to join Bigpond's ISDN Home Internet Plan.
- Then wait for the ISDN hardware connection.
- NOW, points to note:
- Telstra may send you the 1 GB / 500 MB ISDN Bigpond Home Internet "fulfilment" pack CD BUT, under Bigpond's terms and Conditions
- you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THESE BIGPOND PLANS!
- You have REQUESTED the Telstra "ISDN Home" --- and are thereby eligible for the Telstra ISDN Internet Plan allowing you to use ANY Megapop. (BUT NOT the Bigpond 500M/1GB ISDN Megapop.)
- Irrespective of these Terms and Conditions, Bigpond will STILL LET YOU JOIN these 500MB/1GB plans!
- If you DO get one of these Bigpond plans you will be charged 30c/60c/hour datacall charge if you dial into OTHER ISP's even if they have a Megapop number!
- You may also find you are paying Telstra $45.50 line rental AND the Bigpond 500MB/1GB charges!